Lille Mølle


Lille Mølle is the last mill from the bank of Chistianshavn, which is situated between the streets Torvegade and Bådsmandsstræde. This Dutch mill was built in 1783, and in 1832 a 4-stories high steam mill was added to the windmill. Together the two mills provided the Copenhageners with flour. In 1916 the young manufacturer and engineer Ejnar Flach-Bundegaard bought the mill block. His machine works and workshops were established in the warehouse and the steam mill, and the windmill was converted into an apartment. In 1974 his widow donated Lille Mølle to the national museum Nationalmuseet.
 

Lille Mølle

Christianshavns Voldgade 54

1424 København K

Tlf: 33134411

natmus.dk/

Show on map Show on map