Church of St. James (Skt. Ib)

Photo: SoS.WebApplication.Models.IntegrationBroker.Attractions.File?.Photographer
Gallery

Description

The Skt. Ibs Kirke is a travertine church from around 1100. In 1808 it was transformed into a field hospital for Spanish soldiers. 

In 1816 the church and the graveyard were sold to a local merchant and used as warehouse until 1884. The porch, tower and chancel were demolished, however, the church was restored in 1922. Today, only the aisle is left.  
The famous Danish painter L.A. Ring is burried in the churchyard which is still used.  

From Easter to mid October the church is open all days from sunrise to sunset.

Area

Address Sankt Ibs Vej 1
4000 Roskilde
See everything in this area

Information

Coordinates

Longitude: 55.6474626
Latitude: 12.0833026

Church of St. James (Skt. Ib)

Address Sankt Ibs Vej 1 
4000 Roskilde
T